Monday 30 April 2012

Day 50: Shin Splints and a Little Confession

Hello one and all! Today I attempted the 2 1/4 mile run again. And again I didn't make it. But I have a good reason! And that reason is shin splints. I got one so bad in my left leg about half a mile in. I've never had one before, so I finished the mile before stopping to stretch. It was so painful! When I could walk on it again, I finished up my second mile. I Walsall concerned, so I asked my parents. And my dad told me that rest makes it worse, so I'm going to have to work through it. That definitely means I'm going to really have to be mentally prepared for my runs. Hopefully I can progress still, in spite of it!

Now for my confession: I wasn't as good as usual about my food last week. I think I had three consecutive cheat nights. Chinese food Friday, late-night McDonalds Saturday, and McDonalds again last night. I definitely regret it! I hopped on the scale this morning, and was SO relieved to see that I hadn't gained any weight! In fact, I lost a pound! Before I started working out, those three meals would have put on a pound for me. But they didn't do anything! Which I guess means my body is getting more metabolically active. But that's not an excuse to eat like crap! I'm just relieved I didn't completely sabotage myself. Relief!

Tomorrow, Megan and I are going to do a bunch of stairs. I really hope that my shin splint leaves me alone for that. I'm a little unsure about my weights though. I really don't want to overdo my legs. Maybe I'll just do a split workout and see how it goes. Maybe I'll add some yoga in. I could use the relaxation!

All for tonight, folks, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment