Saturday 21 April 2012

Day 41: Exhausted Run and a New Personal Best

Hello one and all! Today was running again. I still feel sick. My stomach is still upset, my head still hurts, I'm still congested and exhausted. I worked 7-4 today, which the majority of my shift happening on the self checkouts, so lots of walking around and being busy. I was so exhausted when I got home, I caught myself trying to convince... Myself that missing one day of running was no big deal. Obviously, it didn't fly! So today's goal was to run 2 1/4 miles (or 22 minutes) without stopping. I think these run bits are incredibly unrealistic, so I set a personal goal to run longer than I did last time (15 minutes). How long was that? I ran for 21 minutes today! Was I exhausted and out of breath and sweaty while I did it? You bet your ass I was! Did I still adjust the time and run for my full 2 1/4 mile distance? You bet your ass I did! I did 21 minutes, walked for 3, ran for 4, then walked for two, then ran the last two to to make up the whole 27 minutes to get the mileage right. I'm wiped, but proud. I know it's not much for fit people, or even people who are moderately fit, but this was a huge accomplishment! Is, I mean. I feel great. And I couldn't have done it without my cheerleader, so a big thank you to Dan again! Happy Saturday, folks. Be safe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment