Tuesday 10 April 2012

Day 30: Getting Back Into Running and 100% Focus

Hello one and all! Yesterday was quite the sad, angry post, wasn't it? I woke up this morning, and I was still in a foul mood. I had set an early alarm so I could run before work, but I didn't. I stayed in bed and fumed at myself. I finally got up and made steel cut oats for my breakfasts. I think on Thursday I'll make more clean pancakes. They're actually quite tasty, and protein packed. I had breakfast and showered, then got ready for work. I made myself healthy snacks and lunch for work, then headed out. I was in a foul mood still all day at work, and I came home and got right on the treadmill. With every jogging repition, I felt a little better. And then there was healthy dinner ready when I came upstairs post-stretch, and I felt instantly awesome. And instantly upset, because I was pretty awful to Dan today. I had to apologize. I felt awful! I was so moody yesterday and today. And then something just clicked. And I realized that my work isn't ruined because I had some bad slip ups. What's important is that I move on and work harder.

So I tried my best to completely focus on my run today. I focused on my breathing. I focused on how I felt. I even tuned in to my calf pain. Maybe I overdid my calves yesterday? Oh well. I was there 100% today. And it was great.

Just to mention, my whole soul searching thing is interesting. Even since resolving to work my own issues out yesterday, I noticed I'm so negative about everything about myself. It's... A sobering realization, I think. Eye opening.

Have a great night, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment