Sunday 8 April 2012

Day 28: Changing my Diet Again and Easter Dinner

Hello one and all! I'm going to start off by saying that I just can't do the 17 Day Diet anymore. This cycle is so restrictive in terms of what you can eat. And honestly, I'm miserable. Even though I love chicken, there are only so many ways you can eat it. And I miss my red meat! I mean, I can't even have fruit for dessert. Fruit is good for you! Why can't I eat it after 2 PM? It makes no sense to me. I started looking up the reasoning behind it, and from what I understand, there's no research to back up his hypothesis that any carbs after 2 PM turn right into fat. I just can't buy that. I mean, if that's true, how was I losing weight clean eating? The main reason I decided to stop was the unhappiness. I like eating clean, but I don't want to be deprived. Does that make me a bad person?

Easter dinner! I've been marinating steaks and turkey breasts since last night, and rotating them every few hours in the fridge. I think I'm going to get a pot of water boiling so I can parboil my potatoes before I start grilling them. I'm going to start getting ready to go back to clean eating too. Hardboiled eggs, clean bread, steel cut oats, and tomorrow I'll pick up the last things I need for clean pancakes. I'm relieved to be going back to that. Vegetables and chicken just aren't cutting it for me!

So hopefully no one is disappointed in me for quitting the 17 Day Diet. I just know after 17 days I would eat everything I felt I had been deprived of. And that's no good!

Happy Easter, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment