Friday 6 April 2012

Day 26: Working Out When You Would Rather Sleep for Days

Hello one and all! As promised, today I'm blogging about working out when you're exhausted.

Today, I woke up at 3 AM. I started work at 6 AM, and I finished at 3 PM. There's 12 hours awake right there. On my way home, I stopped to get cauliflower and a couple things I needed to make cauliflower mash. I got home at 3:30. I allowed myself 15 minutes of Maury watching (don't judge me, I love that show) before changing clothes and getting to the living room to work out. I decided to start with cardio, because that always makes me feel wide awake. So I did a light 5 minute warm up, then I upped the incline and started targeting my calves, thighs and glutes. I did fifteen minutes of that, then did a five minute cool down. And I felt instantly energetic afterwards. So I jumped right into my arm exercises, which pumped me right up too. And after I did my arms, I did my abs. Then I did a few short leg exercises. And you know what? I felt, and still feel, so insanely well rested and energetic that I'm not even considering sleeping for at least four hours.

I guess the morale of the story is this:

Even when you're exhausted, a little exercise can perk you right up and give you a much-needed energy boost.

So when you're tired, don't make excuses! Hop on the treadmill and go for a brisk walk. I'm sure you'll be glad you did when you're wide awake again!

Have an excellent Easter weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment