Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 66: Laziness, No Motivation, and Finding Inspiration

Hello one and all! I'm having an insanely lazy day. I have zero energy to do anything. It's noon, and I still haven't even had breakfast. I'm supposed to run today. And I probably will later, but I think I'm going to drag myself out of bed now and do my arm work. On days when I really don't want to run, I find that making myself do something makes me feel a bit less bummed about running.

I have been feeling so unmotivated lately. So I've been thinking about it, and I decided that in addition to my goals of being healthy and strong and capable, I should add some shallow goals in there too. Pure vanity goals. So here are some, off the top of my head:
1. Look good in a bikini. I want to wear one without worrying about how much my butt is jiggling and how visible my stretch marks are.
2. Have legs that look toned and sexy in heels. Plus I'll look taller!
3. Have arms that scream "I'm strong, deal with it!"

Some more motivation stuff, regarding nutrition and my messed up eating lately: when I eat better, I feel so much better. I need to stop thinking about food as a treat. You know, "I worked out today so I can have that ice cream." The working out should be reward enough, knowing you're doing something amazing for yourself. And I want to retrain how I think about my workout time. It's the time of the day where I focus on me. It's my own time, I should look forward to it, not dread it!

So there's a little blurb on that fun stuff. I'm off to do weights!

No comments:

Post a Comment