Saturday 17 March 2012

Day Six: Mixing It Up

Hello one and all! So today (even though it isn't even three o'clock) I thought I'd blog early! I mean, Dan and I have another hockey game to go to tonight (so spoiled), so why not blog while I have time? Anyways, on to the mixing it up bit!
So when I did my run today, I followed the advice my dad gave my mom yesterday: to mix up the speed at which she runs when she's doing her intervals. So I alternated between my usual 5 MPH and 6 MPH for my running intervals, and six was hard. My legs were jelly by the time I finished! And I will admit I had to pep talk myself after probably the second or third interval... And especially on the last two! But I made it through, and that made me feel really... Accomplished. Obviously, I shouldn't be feeling too self-satisfied, because I've still got a long ways to go. But I can't help but feel that I'm definitely on the right track. And that makes me feel awesome.

Today I'm thinking I'm going to take a stab at some clean eating pancakes, just to mix things up. I picked up the last things I needed, so hopefully they turn out okay (and ideally they'll freeze well). If I have time, I was thinking I would try making some clean frozen "yogurt." Which isn't actually yogurt at all, it's soy! So maybe if I do everything right I'll post my first food picture.

Anyways, have an excellent St Paddy's Day everyone, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment