Tuesday 20 March 2012

Day Nine: Music and Motivation

Hello one and all! Today was another running day. Also known as another day to make me feel discouraged. But today, I managed to turn that around. I made the decision to continue mixing up my speeds in intervals with my running. And today, that was really hard. I was feeling really down because I was just disappointed with my overall fitness level. I mean, I'm doing walk/jog intervals, and finding them pretty hard. That isn't something that I should be worrying about at my age. So I was running my intervals and getting really hard on myself in my mind. I won't lie, I dropped the fat bomb on myself a few times. And then, I had this crazy epiphany. This insane moment of total clarity. And it occurred to me:

Our bodies are capable of so many things. I can't keep thinking about this progress I'm making as something that isn't good enough. Instead, I need to constantly seek improvement, and never give up on pushing my limits.

There's my inspirational thought for the day. On a food note, I finally made my clean pancakes, and I had one for breakfast! I topped it with Greek yogurt and thawed berries, and it was actually pretty good. It'll be a nice change of pace! That's all for me today, folks.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the music and motivation part! So, the thing is, I love music. I'm always singing something! And the song of my weight loss journey so far has been the Benny Benassi remix of Shake It Out by Florence + the Machine. Seriously, if you haven't heard it, give it a real good listen. I love the original too, but the remix is good treadmill motivation music. And yes, I know that the song is about heartbreak and a failed relationship (I think), but to me, it's about what I'm doing right now. I mean, a failed relationship and heartbreak isn't relevant to me right now. I'm in a long term relationship with one of the most amazing people I have ever met. He's my better half, my best friend, and all that gross squishy stuff. Seriously. And while I have been heartbroken, that part of my life is so far from me now that that aspect of the song doesn't matter to me at all. What matters to me is that I'm choosing to interpret it in a way that is relevant to me. So I choose to look at it as a song about my issues with food. My issues and insecurities with my body. But at the end of the song, I always feel hope. My body will change, and so will my life and the way I feel about myself.

Have an excellent Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment