Thursday 29 March 2012

Day Eighteen: Sweating Like a Pig and Hitting My Abs

Hello one and all! Today was another running day. It was a little easier today, which was nice. I'm still hoping that someday I'll run and not die! Something to push for, I guess. After the treadmill, I did some of those ab exercises I posted the link to the other day. I kind of just did a bit of a pick and choose. I tried to avoid ones with weights for today, although I did do the toe touch. I also added two 30 second rounds of the plank, and my abs feel great. Seriously, if you haven't already, try them out. You won't regret it!

After my post yesterday, I had a total meltdown moment. You know, crying, laughing. The whole bit. Perhaps you're wondering why? I'll tell you, but don't laugh!

I walked by one of my full-length mirrors with the lights off, and I actually had to double back because I couldn't believe the person I glimpsed was me.

Let me explain. In my room, I have a full-length mirror on the back of my bathroom door. It's the one I use to get dressed. But at the foot of my bed, there's another mirror, on top of a dresser. I don't usually look in that one because the lighting is bad, and I have a hard time angling the mirror so I can see myself. But I usually scope out my side view as I leave my room to make sure everything looks right. I haven't been doing that much lately, because I'm usually in workout gear or my work uniform. But I caught a glimpse of myself in my (tight) workout gear yesterday, and I stopped and cried. I couldn't believe the difference in my body. I mean, I've seen some inches lost. But looking straight on at your body all the time makes it hard to see the changes. And it just made me really happy. I know I still have a long way to go. But seeing progress is great!

In diet-related news, my mom and I start the 17 Day Diet on Monday. She thinks she's insulin resistant, and I'm pretty sure I must be too. So we're going on a sugar detox with the diet. It should be interesting, lots of people see great weight loss in the first 17 day cycle.

That's all for me today, folks. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment